If you experience trouble pairing your goTenna Mesh device, First, you'll need to make sure you're pairing through the goTenna app rather than your Bluetooth settings. If you've connected through your Bluetooth settings, you'll need to 'Forget' the goTenna device. From here, you can try these steps:
1. Power your device off+on.
2. Toggle your device's bluetooth off+on.
3. Try pairing the goTenna Mesh to another device, this will help you determine if there is a phone settings issue or if you need to troubleshoot with goTenna Mesh.
4. Try these device specific steps:
1) Confirm that you're using the most recent OS. goTenna is compatible with android 4.3 or higher.
2) Turn on location settings.
3) Turn off battery optimization.
4) Turn your goTenna on.
5) In the goTenna app, open the main menu and tap 'Pair goTenna'. Make sure you're attempting to pair only after the goTenna is on.
6) When your goTenna has paired, you will see the LED lights on the goTenna flash.
1) Confirm that you're using the most recent OS. goTenna is compatible with iOS 10 or higher.
2) Turn your goTenna on.
3) In the goTenna app, open the main menu and tap 'Pair goTenna'. Make sure you're attempting to pair only after the goTenna is on.
4) When your goTenna has paired, you will see the LED lights on the goTenna flash.
If you continue to have trouble after these steps, you can try resetting your network settings.
To reset your network settings, please follow the steps below:
1) Swipe down from the top of the screen to pull down the Notification Shade.
2) Tap the Settings button.
3) Swipe up to scroll down on the settings screen.
4) Tap Backup and reset.
5) Tap Reset network settings.
6) Tap RESET SETTINGS.
1) Open Settings.
2) Tap General.
3) Tap Reset.
4) Select Reset Network Settings.
If you continue to have trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org additional assistance.
*If you began to observe this pairing behavior after a firmware update, please review the firmware section below.